UK Yacht Registration
Register your boat under UK Flag
UK Yacht Registration Part 1 – British Red Ensign available for ALL nationalities!
The UK Flag registration or British Red Ensign in general is a very popular flag. One of the many reasons is the worldwide reputation and stability of the UK and Great Britain. Their management and administration are efficient, and it allows the ability to seek assistance from any British Consulate or Embassy in the world as it gives the British nationality to your vessel. Transfer between British ensign flags are not complicated either.
The registration is open to anyone by the means of setting up a UK dormant company to own your vessel or as a private person with a EU passport. Most of our customers are non UK Nationals, as they look for a jurisdiction that doesn't have the strict regulations of their own countries like Spain, Italy, Greece, France etc...
Uk Part 1 Yacht registration is available for both private and commercial vessels up to 24 meters long, if your vessel is longer than 24 meters you can still register your vessel for pleasure use or commercial use with the UK part 1 registration, however the surveyor needs to arrange the mandatory ITC69/coding certificate.
What paperwork is needed for a UK registration part1?
- The deletion certificate (if previously registered)
- A copy of a radio call sign (if you have one)
- An authorisation letter (we will supply you)
- A certificate of a survey of tonnage and measurement not older than 1 year is mandatory but can be done in your own country. You just need to make sure it is done by one of the authorised surveyors, mentioned here (American Bureau of Shipping (ABS), Bureau Veritas (BV), Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Germanischer Lloyd (GL), Lloyd' s Register (LR), Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (NKK), Registro Italiano Navale (RINA) ), for commercial use, the surveyor needs to arrange the mandatory ITC69/coding certificate after the documents have been approved by the UK authorities.
- A scanned copy of your passport
- Your vessel must have a unique name, you need to provide 4 unique names, the UK authorities will check and determine which name is available once they have received your registration request.
Private Individual Ownership
Available to any British or any European citizen
Ownership under your dormant UK ltd company
Available to anyone or any company established in the EU
Advantages of the United Kingdom boat registration
- Competitive prices of £735 / €799 for 5 years
- Gives British nationality to your yacht.
- We will take care of all paperwork to maintain your dormant Uk ltd up to date. The Ltd is owned by you or several persons if needed. The cost of the ltd is already included in the price, and the yearly fee is 249 EUR. No taxes need to be paid in the Uk as it's only used for owning a boat and the company is maintained dormant.
- Fast registration available, just 3 days. Usually, the registration takes around 3 weeks, but expedited service is available, we can register your boat for just £365 / €400 extra in 3 days! Once we receive your registration all that needs to be done is to do the coding and carving if privately owned and if it for commercial use this has to be done by a surveyor.
- The paperwork is very straight forward, we are here to help you through the whole process.
- The flag is valid anywhere in the world
- No proof of VAT is requested during the registration
- There are no maritime restrictions
- There a no minimum safety requirements on private vessels