Frequently Asked Questions

How long does it take to register?

Once all mandatory documents are supplied and the payment is made. The standard registration can take up to 3 weeks
An express registration is available that can be done in 3 days for an additional 250 EUR.

What documents are needed to register?

1) Certificate of survey for tonnage and measurement will be needed, but can be done in your own home country, as long as you use an affiliated surveyor as per below.
* For vessels up to 24 meters any of the following surveyors can be used. (ABS EUROPE LTD, Bureau Veritas (BV), Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Germanischer Lloyd (GL), Lloyd' s Register (LR), Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (NKK), Registro Italiano Navale (RINA) ).
* For longer vessels and commercial vessels a ITC69 and/or the Coding Certificate will be needed.
2) Deletion certificate if your boat was previously on another register, and proof of title evidence for the last 5 years, meaning that you need to prove who owned the vessel for the past 5 years. (New boats need the MCO).
3) Copy of radio call sign (if you have one)
4) Authorization letter signed by you that authorizes us to register your vessel (letter provided by us)
5) Copy of your passport

I want to cancel my UK LTD

Your UK LTD can be cancelled but important to know: If you have a valid UK PART I yacht registration on your UK LTD, this registration wil no longer be valid.

Do I have to live in the Uk or be a British national to fly the UK Part I flag?

To have a valid UK Part 1 registration you wil need a local address and representative, for which we setup a dormant UK LTD. This makes that anyone can register. There are no limitations.

Where can I get my survey done?

You can contact any of the following companies for both survey and / or Tonnage certificate:
Bureau Veritas (BV)
Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
Germanischer Lloyd (GL)
Lloyd' s Register (LR)
Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (NKK)
Registro Italiano Navale (RINA) )

Can my vessel have any name?

During the registration we ask for 4 names. The name has to be UNIQUE. During the registration process this will be checked.

My UK ltd expired what now?

To maintain your part 1 registration valid you need a valid address and representative which is your UK company. In the case this company is not renewed, your part 1 registration will be rendered invalid.


The uk authorities will not ask for proof of VAT during the registration. This does NOT exempt you from paying VAT. Each boat owner will have to make sure he/she has complied with their tax obligations.

How does the PART I registration this work?

The main requirement is to have UK address and representative. To do so we create a dormant UK Ltd, which will give you the address and will be the representative. You will be the owner of this company. it's important to know that a dormant company doe NOT have tax obligations.

Language of documents

All documents are to be supplied in English. Else a notarised translation of the document will be required.

All International Payment Methods Accepted